Monday, February 22, 2010

Intro. and Photos Around my House.

This blog is about photos that I took here in beautiful California! this post is about the photos that I took in and around my house and a summary of my camera and additional equipment that I use to take these photos. Yes! I know that was a long sentence!






1. A photo of a Calla Lily on the side of my house.
( for more info. on Calla Lilies see link here)

















2. another photo of the same flower. also used in the blog title













3. A photo of the lemon tree in my backyard.













4. A rosemary bush in my backyard.







Sorry about the black on number 1, I had to take out a logo that I put in earlier,and I didn't back-up.

The camera that I use is called the Olympus Camedia C-740 UltraZoom with 3.2 megapixels. Please note that this is a huge camera with a good flash. I compared my cameras flash with that of a Canon A-1000 IS.
(note: points to Canon U.S.A. website)






Here is the Olympus flash as seen with the Canon.












Here is the Canon as seen from the Olympus.







To further demonstrate my point I'll show you the two cameras photos in total darkness on night mode with the flash





The Canon flash
















The Olympus flash.






The Canon flash had a lot of yellow, as for the Olympus flash no yellow at all. I'm not trying to say that Olympus cameras are better than Canon Cameras, I'm trying to say that a small point and shoot camera will never equal a large camera, even one that's 11 years older!


I'm not likely to post very often, as I have to take the photos, then copy them over, apply my copyright notice, upload them, then format the page, and then type this all out! please note that this one post took over 2 months to finish, but future post will probably take less time. I hope to have my next post out by July the 1st.

No comments: